- Finish jobs faster, produce high-quality documents, and make scanning and sharing simple. Get set up and connected quickly1,2. Send quick commands from an intuitive colour touchscreen. Easily conserve resources and recycle used cartridges.3
Finish faster – with less standing around – using single-pass, dual-head scanning.
- Maintain peak performance with fast print speeds of up to 40 ppm 4. Rely on a robust recommended monthly page volume of 2000 to 6000 pages.
- Handle high-volume printing without worries, thanks to a 600-sheet paper input, expandable to 1100 sheets 5, and a 250-sheet output tray.
- Work faster, single-pass, dual-head scanning. Scan documents and send digital files to email, the cloud, network folders or a USB drive, in one easy step.
- Save paper with two-sided printing, and use the 50-sheet automatic document feeder to heighten productivity.
Work smarter – access, store and print content quickly from the 8.89 cm colour touchscreen.6
- Easily complete a range of print, copy, scan and fax tasks. Go from zero to done, right at the MFP.
- Access, store and print web content from the MFP’s touchscreen using business apps installed on the device.6
- Save time with an easy-to-install Original HP cartridge, and cut costs, using an optional high-capacity cartridge.7
- Efficiently monitor and manage this MFP, using HP Web Jetadmin to track office printing and device status.8
Share wirelessly across the office.1
- Enjoy unparalleled flexibility: print from your smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere.10
- Use HP Auto Wireless Connect to configure networking without wires.1
- Use resources more efficiently with wireless and 10/100/1000T Gigabit Ethernet networking– easily print and share.1
- And pull print jobs from your pocket – walk up and print right from a memory device via the USB port.
Save energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology, Instant-on Copy, and Instant-on Technology.10
- Help reduce energy and conserves resources. Use HP Instant-on Copy and HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology.10
- With the HP EcoSMART Console, you get instant access to custom energy-saving options and printer settings. So you can centrally configure all your printers to use the most energy- and resource-efficient settings.
- Cut your environmental impact and costs even further with automatic two-sided printing.
- Easily recycle used cartridges for free, with HP Planet Partners.
- Print, copy, scan, fax
- Multitasking supported
- Print speed black:
- Normal: Up to 40 ppm 1
(Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.)
- First page out (ready)
- Black: As fast as 8.0 sec 2
(Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver and document complexity.)
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
- Up to 75000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume
- 2000 to 6000
(HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
- Print technology
- Print quality black (best)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print Resolution Technologies
- HP FastRes 1200 (600 x 600 dpi), HP ProRes 1200 (1200 x 1200 dpi), 600 x 600 dpi
- Print languages
- HP PCL 6; HP PCL 5; HP Postscript Level 3 emulation
- 8.89 cm touchscreen, LCD (colour graphics)
- Processor speed
- 800 MHz
- Automatic paper sensor
- Replacement cartridges
- HP LaserJet Black Cartridge CE255A (~6000 pages based on ISO/IEC 19752)
HP LaserJet Black Cartridge CE255X (~12,500 pages based on ISO/IEC 19752)
- HP ePrint capability
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint
- Additional information about Eco
- Wireless capability
- Connectivity, standard
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Device
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-TX
- 1 Telecom
- 1 Phone
- Network ready
- Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- Connectivity, optional
- HP Jetdirect ew2500 802.11b/g Wireless Print Server J8021A
- HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server J8026A
- Minimum system requirements
- Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB available hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or network port
- Mac OSX v10.6
- PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor
- 500 MB free hard disk space
- CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet
- USB or Network port
- Compatible operating systems
- Full software installs supported on: Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit)
Driver only installs supported on: Windows 2012, Windows Server 2008 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server 2003 32-bit (SP3 or higher)
Mac OS X v10.6.8 and later
Linpus Linux (9.4, 9.5), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (supported with a pre-built package)
SUSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1, 11.2), Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0, 11.0, 11, 12, 12.0), Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04), Debian (5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3) (supported by the automatic installer)
HPUX 11 and Solaris 8/9
(Windows 7 / 2008 R2 SP1, Windows XP (64-bit) SP2 and higher, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 (Standard Edition), Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition), Windows Server 2003 (Standard Edition), Windows Server 2003 (Enterprise Edition), Windows Server 2003 (64-bit), SP1 (x86 and x86-64) only support print driver and scan driver.)